Wednesday 15 July 2015

Dargo No.852 Avengers Age Of Ultron Minifigures Set

Finally I was able to buy this set. phew .. I know I'm a bit behind compared to other people who have been getting this set months ago. Dargo is not my fav because the quality is below par but after a few times of this set "sold-out" in the market, I finally managed to get one. let's look at why people buy this set.

Pictures of the box, set of 8:




All the boxes use the same image on the back:



Each box contains a trading/game card with a picture of each minifigure:



Assembled minifigures:

From left: Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch, Baron Von Strucker, Quicksilver



From left: Ultron Sentry Officer, Ultimate Ultron, Ultron MK1, Vision



Comparison with original Lego figure on right side in every picture below:









The verdict? Quality of plastics used is still low. for example, the connection between the torso and the leg is very loose. if you stick their feet on the baseplate and hold the body to lift them, the body will be uprooted. 

As well as the head. almost all of them (except Quicksilver) has a loose head :(. The accuracy of printing is also low in these minifigures. Have a look at the back of Vision's head for example. Another example is pattern behind Ultron's head looks almost the same as the original but more distorted.

As a conclusion, Dargo still using low-quality plastic. Not only looks cheap, but  these loose parts will make people think twice to get this set. I think many people buying this set just because Dargo is the earliest to offer this AOU set and you can get all Ultron variant in this single set. Now that Sheng Yuan has the same AOU set to offer, I think Dargo will have trouble competing. Luckily i also bought Sheng Yuan SY275 & SY276 AOU for review. Read about them in my next post :)




8 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your conclusion. SY is the best. I think Decool is very good as well. However, SY is now passing Decool with more collection. In terms of quality, I think SY and Decool are at sonewhat the sane level. On Ninjago collection though, I would say Decool has come with more collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that SY come with dual sided faces, Decool won't have the advantage of being the only brand that come with that. IMHO the only major problem that Decool need to fix is their misaligned print on most of their torso. oh their modern war minifigures set also is total failure. maybe they need to redesign the whole process for that product line.

      Delete
  2. Would you agree that Dargo probably is about the same with Lele in terms of quality?
    I had some collection made by Lele on SWAT and Counterstrike and I hear you that the connection between the torso and the leg is very loose (SY and Decool are tight) and I have to put some removable glue to tighten it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dargo used to be the worst brand. here's ps of storm shadow's torso:
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/bahPhE4.png[/img]

      lol.

      I think the quality is better now. This can be seen in their latest AOU set. nowhere near SY but way better than a few months back. heheh

      Delete
  3. Dargo brand is very limited here.

    I tried DLP though. I purposely tried Spiderman series made by DLP and I am surprised that the quality is not bad ata all. SY is stll much better though but DLP is way better than Lele, Dargo and of course JLB and Zhiao. Since then I have now sold DLP made Ironman series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLB/Zhiao is the worst, i think i will skip the brand from now on. Dargo is improving but still nothing to shout about. I think you have nothing to lose if you skip the brand >_<.

      [img]http://i.imgur.com/BkdwKcB.png[/img]
      for DLP's ironman, i only keep mark 27 Disco and Mark 41 Bones :)

      Delete
  4. Legostore, thanks for your reply. Dargo brand is very limited here. SY and Decool is more common.

    I tried DLP brand before I started selling their products and surprisingly, it is good in terms of quality. I tried their Spiderman series. I have now started to sell DLP made Ironman series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope DLP will produce the latest minifigure on the market rather repeat/redo figures that other brand already produced.

      Delete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]